I had my 3 month post surgery check-up yesterday. The only possible problem I have is a screw at the top. It sticks out a bit and causes me some pain. It's also very sore if I touch it. The doctor said it is common in thin women to have this problem. Yes, he said "thin" women. I decided to just go with it. : D Anyway, he said he could take the screw out easily. It would be a 15 minute surgery and I wouldn't even have to stay the night. He said he'd like to wait a year until he does it though (if I decide I want it out).
Those awful headaches I was getting are gone. Woo-hoo! I'm SO glad I didn't let him tie off my spinal cord.
I'm feeling pretty much back to my normal self. This whole ordeal was absolute hell though. Mentally, it's the hardest thing I've ever been through. Throughout Dec, Jan, and Feb, I was filled with thoughts of this being the biggest mistake of my life and I was so regretful about having the surgery (even though not having surgery wasn't much of an option). Now I'm glad I had it done. Living with a very unstable spine is no way to live. I think I have so much metal in my back now that I should be stable for the rest of my life!
Thanks so much to everyone who supported me and kept me in their thoughts and did nice things for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
TIE OFF YOUR CORD?!?! Why not just cut off the legs while we are at it? What a jerk doctor!
ReplyDeleteYay for self-healing!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay!!
ReplyDeleteShannon I am so glad to hear you feeling positive about your surgery. You are right about it being hell. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Now...... NO MORE BREAKING TITANIUM FOR YOU THIN GIRL!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I've been called "THIN" two days in a row now! I'm not going to argue. I'm just going to pretend it's true and enjoy it. LOL!
ReplyDeleteRon, the doctors suggested they cut off my legs when I was a kid.
Yo! Thin Chick! Lots of good news today! Yippee! I have a serious issue to discuss with you, however. My dear Skinnikins, if you think you're not thin you must either be smoking crack or you think I'm a blimp. Since I don't want to think that you would think that I'm a blimp, I'm forced to conclude that you are, indeed, smoking crack. Please stop. It's really bad for you. Love, Zaftig Chick
ReplyDeleteYAYYAYYAYYAY! Sorry, I have been away from the blog. Great news.
ReplyDelete