Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feeling better every day...

both mentally and physically. The mental toll this whole thing has taken on me has been the worst part of it. I've been feeling so useless and helpless and it's been terribly depressing. There's so little I can do for myself, G, the pets... Also, this gd brace has done quite a number on my mental health. It has brought up a lot of old feelings that I had after my first rod surgery when I was 13. I'll spare you the details, but I was truly miserable then. And back then I stuffed my misery because "being the strong one" is what kids do when they go through something major like that. Now, at the age of 39 and having to deal with SCI stuff for 31 years, I'm not putting that fake happy face on again. I'm gonna bitch and whine and moan and cry about it as much as I want!

Last night I took my first shower since 4 weeks and 1 day ago. It felt really good, despite the fact that I had to wear the gd brace. 2 more months and I can shower without it. That will be glorious! We take so much for granted.

Today for the first time in 4 weeks and 2 days, I prepared my own lunch. It only involved warming up left-overs, but it was the first time that someone did not bring it to me. Whew, I can finally feel my life starting to return to normal!

2 comments: