Thursday, January 28, 2010

Would you like to see my 6 new scars?

If you are kind of squeamish, perhaps you should not scroll down.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I've cropped this photo so you can't see the shape of my body. You're welcome.

The scar down the middle is from 3 previous surgeries when I was a kid. The new scars are the 4 shorter ones to the sides. These incisions were made during my first surgery in December when they inserted the new hardware.

In this photo you can see the incision for the 2nd surgery which was a week after the first one. This was the anterior procedure where they worked on the vertebrae. The first surgery wasn't so bad. This second one is the one that made me feel like I had been run over by a truck.

You can also see my chest tube scar in this photo. The stitch is still in it but will come out soon. Interesting that it is an "H" and my doctor's last name is "Hart", don't ya think, hmmm? :D

2 comments:

  1. Odd .... I had totally forgotten that I had a chest tube, until I saw your scar. Weird.

    LOL at the monogram. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. More likely "H" for Holt?
    I remember how pleased Carolyn was to lose the chest tube.

    ReplyDelete