Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bad bad day

I didn't realize how much the narcotics were helping me mentally. I figured since I wasn't in terrible physical pain, I'd stop taking the oxy. That was a bad decision. I'm back on them now. Monday they'll be giving me more drugs anyway for the surgery.

I did my first wheelchair to bed transfer today. Although I was able to do it, it was so much harder than I ever thought it would be.

It's funny. Yesterday I was thinking that this entire thing has been easier than I thought it would be. That was only because of the drugs. Sigh. Take away the drugs and I'm a pathetic mess.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that. It can only get better, though. Right? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more than okay to have a bad day. You are going through some tough stuff right now. I will continue to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete