My apologies for not posting recently. I've been busy searching the internet for a time travel machine. It gives me great displeasure to inform you that I've been unsuccessful in finding one that will fast forward my life through the next few months of this nightmare.
I got in my chair today. It was a huge failure. As soon as I was in my chair I started sweating profusely and I got a horrible headache. I pretended I was okay so that the therapist would leave and I could try to recover on my own. Normally I do not lie about how I am feeling, but I wanted so badly for this to be successful and I didn't want to have to go back to bed. I tried so hard to stick it out, but only about ten minutes passed before I felt so miserable that I had to get back to bed.
I have no idea why this happened. Goosebumps, severe headache, and sweating lead me to believe that it could have been autonomic dysreflexia, but the sweating was above my injury level, and my blood pressure was normal. Also, the headache was not the normal pounding AD headache I get. The headache went away almost as soon as I lay down, the sweating has lessened, and the goosebumps remain (the sitting attempt happened about 7 hours ago).
I am scheduled to be moved to RIO tomorrow at 9am. I will attempt another sit in the chair tomorrow. I'm betting that if it is a repeat of today, I'll have to stay here at OHSU a bit longer.
These past few days have been very tough. I'm wondering if my decision to get on this train was a mistake. Too late now. Next stop is RIO (no, not Rio de Janeiro.... Rehab Institute of Oregon).
Sing with me...
I'm dreaming of a Institutional Christmas
Just like the ones I never wanted to know
Eh, I'll have to work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment