I planned on writing about my day today, but I get so tired so quickly. All that typing is hard work, you know?
Briefly, I will say that today was a pretty good day. For the first time since surgery, rolling me didn't hurt! I got my TLSO brace today. I have mixed feelings about that. The physical therapist had me sit up, but it didn't last long becuase I got a terrilbe headache. She explained to me why that happened, but I'm too tired to explain it now. It's not terribly worrisome though as it will eventually go away. I had lots of visitors today. Richard stopped by during his lunch hour (I know him because his wife is a paraplegic), and that was a very nice surprise. Then Kris came by and brought me brownies. Then G and R came by and brought me a sub sandwich.
I think I will go to sleep now. I hope my next door neighbor stops hacking and spitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hope you got some rest, and the headache goes away.
ReplyDeleteoy! the room-mates! last year i had a woman who kept setting off the alarm on her bed because she kept trying to sneak into the hall to smoke a cigarette! she was cranky with her sons and totally worked the sympathy and guilt with them and the nursing staff. i don't know if she really thought they were out to get her or if she was just faking it. at first i talked to her quite a bit because i felt sorry for her and she seemed frightened, but after the second night of her setting off her alarm all night, i started closing the curtains and/or pretending to be asleep! even then, she would hobble over and open them and peep in and start talking to me. the nurses did their best to shoo her back over to her side of the room, but they were fighting a losing battle. plus she kept calling me laura, and she'd repeat "my" name until i would finally give in and say "yes?" i would say, oh, i didn't realize you were talking to me because my name isn't laura...etc. etc..
ReplyDeletemay the hacking and spitting subside, but in case it doesn't, i'm hoping to make it over to visit tomorrow. do you want me to bring you some earplugs? xoxo