Saturday, December 19, 2009

The newest xrays

From my understanding and from what I'm seeing here, it looks like I have two new rods (not as long as the original ones), 12 new screws, and a sort of cage around the vertebrae at t12.

Side view while laying on my back:


Front view sitting:


Side view in a slightly reclined sitting position:



BTW, I've had a number of people tell me that they are unable to post comments here. I'm sorry. I have no idea what the problem is. : (

5 comments:

  1. Thinking about you, Shannon. Sorry to not have come to visit yet. I've been transitioning out of BIRC and my energy level has been really up and down. Will try to get in to see you soon.

    I can't believe how much you've gone through. I remember the doctor saying it would be a week with no brace that day when we were sitting in his office. It sucks that prediction hasn't come true, but I'm glad that the doctor is saying you're doing well and that he has confidence that you will heal. Maybe it will end up that something good will come out of all this that you could never have foreseen, some new opportunity or some new direction will open to you to compensate for the suckiness of the pain and the experience of having to be away from home.

    What are good times to visit? Can you take phone calls? What do you want to eat these days?

    xoxo Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a google blog acct. that I set up solely for the purpose of being able to post comments because I couldn't figure out how to do it otherwise. I'm sure there's a way, but I don't know what it is....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry that you haven't come visit yet. You'll have lots of opportunities over the next few weeks. Here at the hospital you can drop by anytime, but I don't know what rehab will be like. I have my cell with me, so you can call my regular phone number.

    I don't know what I want to eat these days! Just about anything other than hospital food sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hardware is pretty amazing, and I like the Christmasy color scheme of the x-rays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just got chills down MY spine. Those are amazing. You are such an inspiration. I thought I was cool cuz I had 2 screws in my right knee, but you take Airport Metal Detector Award of the Year! WOW!

    ReplyDelete