Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

12:30 - K drives me home from the hospital. He has to push me up my snow covered ramp because I don't have the energy to do it myself.

Gus is waiting at the door with a big smile and a wagging tail.

My house smells like a giant kitty litter box. Does it always smell this horrible? How embarrassing. I didn't realize how bad it was when I was here everyday and used to it.

Trudy and 2 of the kitties greet me.

I have to lie down. Sitting for more than 3 hours gives me a terrible headache.

K makes sure I transfer into bed by myself successfully. OMG who knew my bed was so comfortable?! Take the awful brace off, turn on the lava lamp, open the bag of almonds with cranberries and honey and sea salt from K. Have a big drink of bottled water. So good to be home.

1:00 - G comes home. So good to see her in our own home again.

2:00 - G has to help me get my brace back on so I can get up and accept the hospital bed being delivered.

2:05 - Care Medical calls. They can't deliver the bed today because of the 1 inch of snow we had yesterday. (Okay, maybe it was more than once inch, but it wasn't much). They say they will deliver it tomorrow. I'm in the dining room on the phone and I look at Trudy in the kitchen. She squats and pees. She didn't NEED to pee. She had a walk with the dog walker this morning, and she went out when I first got home. Her bladder was not full. I think she just felt like peeing so she did. Silly old dog.

2:10 - Back to comfy bed.

3:15 - G has to walk to her dentist appointment because I'm not allowed to drive until I get my brace off in March. Sorry G. : ( Have to leave my brace on because I have to get out of bed before she returns and I can't get the brace on by myself.

3:30 - Trudy barfs on the floor. I can't clean it up because I can't lean over.

4:00 - Out of bed again. Right after my first surgery a pipe burst in my house. R turned off the water so there hasn't been running water for most of the time I've been in the hospital.

4:15 - Plumber arrives.

4:30 - Now. Hoping it's a quick and easy fix for the plumber. Waiting for Safeway to deliver groceries, inlcluding paper plates, bowls, and plastic utensils so I won't have to do dishes. Hoping G makes it home before it gets dark. Thinking about what to order for dinner from Delivered Dish thanks to T, S, R, and K!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are home. Look for a surprise on your doorstep tomorrow .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the book! I'm going to start reading it tonight. If you'd like, I can send it to you when I'm done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy!!! Glad it made it so promptly.

    ReplyDelete