Things are going fairly well. I'm doing my transfers on my own now, including toilet and shower bench. I'm not quite comfortable doing them with no one there to spot me, but I should be okay with that soon as I will hopefully be home soon and there won't always be someone there. The possibility of falling on the floor scares me, but it's something I gotta do. Don't worry mom, I will always have my cell with me in case I do fall. There is a fire department not far from my house so I'll put their phone number in my phone.
My biggest concern right now is rolling in bed. I'm supposed to keep my hips lined up with my shoulders as I roll, but having no hip control makes this difficult. I worked with physical therapy this morning and we're having a hard time coming up with a solution to this problem. The last two nights have been frustrating for me because I want to stop relying on the nurses to roll me, yet I can't do it myself, and so that causes anxiety, and then I can't sleep. Any SCI friends have any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You might already have posted this somewhere, but where are you? We wanna come visit. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm at Good Sam Hospital in NW PDX. Do you know it? It's on about Lovejoy and 23rd I believe.
ReplyDelete6th floor, room 15!