Surgery tomorrow probably. I haven't heard for sure.
I'll be here one week tomorrow and I really need to go home soon. I've had three neighbors check-in and check-out and here I still am. At least it's because of scheduling difficulities and not because I'm not doing well. I really hope I have a quick recovery from tomorrow's surgery. Perhaps they'll let me go home as early as Wednesday.
I asked the resident this morning why they had to poke my arms so many times during the first surgery. It ranged from having IVs in both hands in case they needed to give me blood, to monitoring my muscles in my arms. I know they are just doing the best job they can do and are taking all necessary precautions. I just wish they didn't have to stab me so many times. As for all my bruises, the resident's answer was, "You obviously bruise easily". Gosh, after living in this body for 39 years you'd think I'D know if I bruise easily or not.
I was telling the physical therapist that I was feeling very discouraged with how my wheelchair to bed transfer went. She assures me I did very well. I disagree.
Sorry, I shouldn't complain so much. I'm just feeling very down even though I'm back on the narcotics. I wish I could go back in time and make the decision to not have these surgeries done.
I was going to post some photos and share some stories, but I don't feel like it.
Provided they call Ron after surgery tomorrow like they say they will, he will update this blog asap. Hopefully I'll get to skip the ICU again this time.
Mom, since you always like to know, I had a few visitors today. Rebecca, Kris, Gillian, and Ron all visited. Bakery goodies were consumed and a big stack of magazines were left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry you are so down, hope everything stays on schedule tomorrow. If you need the meds, take them, you will heal faster if you are feeling well. There is no prize for the one who manages with the least medication!
ReplyDelete