RIO is so much nicer than OHSU. The room is larger than a closet. The walls are yellow instead of white. I'm in a corner room which means I have two walls of windows. I have no needles in my arms. I'm not over-drugged. I'm not sweating anymore. The goosebumps are gone. There are no slamming doors. The food is good. My doggies can come visit me in their garden.
This is a place to heal.
I just asked Gillian if she had anything to say and she says:
OHSU sucked.
The ambulance ride was cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Shannon... Your first attempt at sitting sounds just like mine. It was a big surgery!! Give yourself a little bit of a break!!! You will get there. It took me three sits before I was able to maintain any real time in the chair. I also had those thoughts of whether it was the right decision to "Get on this train"! Face it!!!! You had no choice. Those broken rods had to be stabilized. I am 6 months post and I am starting to see the benefit of the surgery. It takes time. Hang tough and follow the doctors orders. If you push yourself to do stuff they don't want you doing you are gonna screw somehting up! Let it FUSE girl... Let it FUSE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear it's better at RIO! xoxox
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you Grange. Thanks for all the support you've given me. This has turned out to be so much harder than I ever imagined, and it's of great comfort to me to receive the support of someone who went through something similar not long ago.
ReplyDelete