Thursday, December 24, 2009

Confused

I'm doing bed to chair transfers pretty much on my own now. I have not attempted any chair to toilet transfers yet.

The progress I've made on the chair to bed transfer makes me very happy, yet very worried. In a meeting with my doc here at RIO, she says I could very well be home a week from tomorrow. The picture she is painting is far different from the picture my surgeon painted. I think my surgeon would tell me I'm doing far more than I should be doing at this point. But if that's true, what is the point in being in rehab right now?

My roomate left yesterday and so I had no roomate last night. Therefore, Gillian was able to spend the night here. That was very nice for both her and I. The plan was for her to spend tonight with me as well. Then first thing this morning the nurse came in and told me that I was going to be getting a roomate and so she wouldn't get to spend the night afterall. I think the extreme disappointment showed on both my face and Gillian's because a few hours later I found out that the new patient is going elsewhere.

I think getting a roomate is inevitable, but I dread it so much. Through this entire ordeal, I've only had a roomate for less than 24 hrs, and the anxiety that caused me was intense. I'm just so introverted and I desperately need my alone and quiet time. Listening to my roomate's TV and hearing her chatting with her sister drove me crazy. I know that sounds very lame. It's just killing me that I've gone from Ms Independent with plenty of time to myself, to Ms Dependent with very little time to myself. I hadn't realized how hermit like my life was prior to this. I miss my cave terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment