
I've been home for less than 48 hours and she has tried to kill me twice already.
We adopted Sara from the Humane Society about 8 years ago. She was at the Humane Society because her original can opener "moved in with someone who was allergic to cats".
She is the most affectionate cat I've ever met.
Killing me would be a very stupid thing for her to do. No one on earth would be willing to live with this cat other than me.
If you read my entry from yesterday, you know that when I came home from the hospital, I was hit with the stench of kitty litter box smell when I came through my front door. This is largely Sara's fault. Sara has always peed wherever she pleases. She sometimes uses the litter box, but often she uses anything that is on the floor ie. clothing, newspapers, mail, etc. She also sometimes uses G's bed.
Between the time of getting home yesterday and the time the plumber showed up, I tried to get the house smelling a little better. I used air freshener. G cleaned some floors. I lit a candle. I don't light candles often. Candles start fires. Fires scare me.
It was probably about 3pm yesterday when I lit the candle. This morning Gillian got up and discovered the candle was still burning. Not only was it still burning, but a plastic mailing package had fallen on it and there was a hole burned through it.
My friend Richard dropped off some bedding and a memory foam mattress pad this afternoon to put on the hospital bed that was delivered a few hours ago. When he left, I went back to my bedroom to lay down to get rid of the headache I always get when I have been sitting for more than 45 minutes. Desperate to get back to bed, I nearly cried when I discovered Sara puked on my bed. I absolutely needed to lay down, so I transferred to the bottom part of the bed that was clean. It was an awkward transfer and I nearly fell on the floor.
The candle to start a fire... puking on the bed to make me fall... she is clearly trying to kill me.
Naughty kitty. We love her anyway.

In other pet news, Trudy peed on the kitchen floor again today. I love animals. I love my pets, but this is too much. Between too many pets, this old house, and my aging SCI body, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. After Trudy and Sara are dead, I'm moving to a condo. Then after I figure out how to start getting younger, things will be good again.
We had a cat like that, but she also scarred John and I for life. Literally, I have a scar on my face. Sofie was a lovely cat, but eventually after 9 years she had to go. I bawled and John drove her to the pound. She was adopted less than a month later and I sure as hell hope it was by a little old lady who had no smell factories left in her little nose. Sofie liked to pee where she pleased when she was mad... (often).
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear you are home. Maybe we could visit soon!
re the cat. It is probably just a bad habit, but I have twice had cats who acted like that b/c of health reasons. One had cronic uti's and peed on soft things because he was hurting. More recently we had a cat who was diabetic. We controlled that for a year or so w/ a high protein diet. "Catkins", LOL. In both cases, the bathroom issues cleared up. (Well, temporarily for the diabetic cat, he finally got too sick.)
ReplyDeleteGive G an old plastic table cloth to use as a bedspread.
ps. Oust works better in my mind than any other air freshener. And I would bet your house doesn;t usually smell like that, it just has been shut up and all.
ReplyDeleteps .... one of my cats is Sara too. :)